As a result of the recently announced tariffs/import duties that went into effect on October 18, 2019 on certain alcoholic beverages, to the extent permitted by the New York State Liquor Authority, Empire Merchants may increase the posted price of certain tariff impacted items during the price posted months for October, November and December. For any item of liquor or wine that is impacted, orders will be filled on a first come-first basis with available stock at pre-tariff prices before selling any tariff affected stock at a price higher than was what posted for the given month. Additionally, please note that backorders will not be accepted for tariff impacted items at pre-tariff prices and you will not be able to receive the benefit of the discounts for goods that assort, unless there is another size of the item available at the pre-tariff price or you pay the additional price associated with all post-tariff goods. .
The health and safety of our employees and customers continues to be our top priority every day, but especially during the COVID-19 Coronavirus. We are fortunate thus far to have been able to operate in this environment and continue to support our customers by taking orders and making deliveries.
We have taken some key steps to support the health and welfare of our customers and employees. These are just a few of them:
• We have enhanced our cleaning procedures in our offices and warehouses per the CDC guidelines.
• All delivery drivers and warehouse workers have been instructed to use gloves, masks and hand sanitizer.
• Our facilities managers are installing HEPA filters throughout our buildings to help reduce the presence of COVID-19 in the air.
• Daily screening, which includes a temperature check and a health screening assessment is a requirement for all associates and visitors
• Social distancing must be maintained between individuals at all times
• Face masks or an acceptable face covering must be worn in common areas including lobbies and when traveling around the office.
Due to the circumstances related to COVID-19, you may experience longer than expected wait times when reaching out to our Customer Service and COD departments. Additionally, there may be a possible delay in your deliveries. We are working diligently to handle your orders and customer service needs as quickly as possible.
Throughout this uncertain time, we are thinking about all of you and will keep you informed if anything should change in the upcoming days or weeks. You will find updates on our website.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time.